Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An Aaron Mccargo recipe for Food Network Magazine. I am so going to make this!
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Taco Pizzas recipe from Food.com.
For the Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Pizzas
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) package pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To make the taco seasoning: Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- To prepare the pizza: Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the canola oil in a shallow bowl; set aside. (Note: Cut back on the pepper should you desire less heat.).
- Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat and marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8-inch round. Brush with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from the grill. (Note: Watch carefully, it may take less time than the recipe suggests. Let it sit for only a minute or so on lower heat and then flip it; wait another minute and remove.).
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl, then sprinkle on the crusts and top with the chicken. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizzas with the avocado mixture, salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
Thanks for posting, I was about to, but did a search first. The only things I did differently was to use some taco seasoning I had on hand (Penzy's), left off the sour cream, and used a Mexican cheese blend for the mozzerella/cheddar blend.