Recipe by gailanng
An Aaron Mccargo recipe for Food Network Magazine. I am so going to make this!
Top Review by kitchenslave03
Thanks for posting, I was about to, but did a search first. The only things I did differently was to use some taco seasoning I had on hand (Penzy's), left off the sour cream, and used a Mexican cheese blend for the mozzerella/cheddar blend.
For the Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Pizzas
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) package pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the taco seasoning: Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- To prepare the pizza: Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the canola oil in a shallow bowl; set aside. (Note: Cut back on the pepper should you desire less heat.).
- Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat and marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8-inch round. Brush with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from the grill. (Note: Watch carefully, it may take less time than the recipe suggests. Let it sit for only a minute or so on lower heat and then flip it; wait another minute and remove.).
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl, then sprinkle on the crusts and top with the chicken. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizzas with the avocado mixture, salsa, sour cream and cilantro.