Recipe by Zetty66
I had never had spiedini before, but found this recipe in the paper. Makes nice kabobs and the pepperoncini really add flavor. Great served over angel hair pasta.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, grated and divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pickled pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, 1 T lemon zest and olive oil.
- Remove 2 T lemon juice mixture and stir in pepperoncini; set aside.
- Place remaining mixture into zip-top bag and add chicken. Seal and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and remaining 2 T lemon zest and garlic cloves in a shallow dish.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Place chicken in crumb mixture, coating well.
- Carefully thread chicken onto metal skewers.
- Grill over medium high for 9-12 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170°F, turning once.
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with pepperoncini mixture.