Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
for a light dinner or for a get together
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Sliders With Apricot Chutney Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g skinless boneless, chicken thighs
- 1.87 ml ground red pepper
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 3 apricots, halved and pitted
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 mini sandwich buns
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper mixture.
- Place a large grill pan over medium high heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan, cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Cool slightly, and shred meat.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray, and place apricots cut side down on pan, and cook 6 minutes on medium-high heat or until tender and lightly browned, turning after 4 minutes.
- Place apricots and add water, cider vinegar, mustard, and garlic cloves in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon apricot chutney over cut side of each sandwich bun half.
- Place 1/3 cup chicken on bottom bun, and cover with other half of bun.
Loved these small sandwiches & will certainly make them again, although I might use shredded chicken or turkey breast or pork! The important thing for us was the very nicely flavored chutney! Thanks for the keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These sliders are delicious! I had to make a change though because there were no apricots at the grocery store. I bought 6 dried apricots and soaked them in hot water until I needed them and they worked just fine. I used mini ciabatta buns which were great with this. We enjoyed these with fresh cucumbers and grape tomatoes. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks weekend cooker! :)