Prep 8 hrs
Cook 5 mins
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 24 six-inch bamboo skewers
- 59.14 ml tamarind juice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 inch of young ginger, roughly chopped
- 29.58 ml sambal chili paste
- 59.14 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml honey
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Green Curry Cream
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml thai green curry paste
- 1 lime, juice of
- 0.25 ml salt
- Remove any fat from the chicken.
- Cut the breasts into 24 roughly equal strips.
- Place the strips in a non-reactive dish or a heavy-duty food storage bag.
- Combine the tamarind liquid, scallions, garlic, ginger, sambal, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, water, oil and soy sauce in a food processor and process until well blended.
- Add the marinade to the chicken, turning the pieces to coat well.
- Soak the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight (refrigerated), turning at least once.
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 1 hour before cooking the chicken.
- When ready to cook, thread the chicken strips on the skewers, season with salt and pepper, and grill until just done.
- This should take only about 2 minutes on each side.
- To prepare the curry cream: Mix together all ingredients.
- May be made an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated.