8 hrs 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 24 six-inch bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 inches of young ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili paste
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Green Curry Cream
- 1Remove any fat from the chicken.
- 2Cut the breasts into 24 roughly equal strips.
- 3Place the strips in a non-reactive dish or a heavy-duty food storage bag.
- 4Combine the tamarind liquid, scallions, garlic, ginger, sambal, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, water, oil and soy sauce in a food processor and process until well blended.
- 5Add the marinade to the chicken, turning the pieces to coat well.
- 6Soak the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight (refrigerated), turning at least once.
- 7Soak the skewers in water for at least 1 hour before cooking the chicken.
- 8When ready to cook, thread the chicken strips on the skewers, season with salt and pepper, and grill until just done.
- 9This should take only about 2 minutes on each side.
- 10To prepare the curry cream: Mix together all ingredients.
- 11May be made an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers with Spicy Green Curry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
green curry paste