Grilled Chicken Skewers with Spicy Green Curry Cream
- Remove any fat from the chicken.
- Cut the breasts into 24 roughly equal strips.
- Place the strips in a non-reactive dish or a heavy-duty food storage bag.
- Combine the tamarind liquid, scallions, garlic, ginger, sambal, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, water, oil and soy sauce in a food processor and process until well blended.
- Add the marinade to the chicken, turning the pieces to coat well.
- Soak the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight (refrigerated), turning at least once.
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 1 hour before cooking the chicken.
- When ready to cook, thread the chicken strips on the skewers, season with salt and pepper, and grill until just done.
- This should take only about 2 minutes on each side.
- To prepare the curry cream: Mix together all ingredients.
- May be made an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated.