8 hrs 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 24 six-inch bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 inches of young ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili paste
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Green Curry Cream
- 1Remove any fat from the chicken.
- 2Cut the breasts into 24 roughly equal strips.
- 3Place the strips in a non-reactive dish or a heavy-duty food storage bag.
- 4Combine the tamarind liquid, scallions, garlic, ginger, sambal, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, water, oil and soy sauce in a food processor and process until well blended.
- 5Add the marinade to the chicken, turning the pieces to coat well.
- 6Soak the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight (refrigerated), turning at least once.
- 7Soak the skewers in water for at least 1 hour before cooking the chicken.
- 8When ready to cook, thread the chicken strips on the skewers, season with salt and pepper, and grill until just done.
- 9This should take only about 2 minutes on each side.
- 10To prepare the curry cream: Mix together all ingredients.
- 11May be made an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers with Spicy Green Curry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
green curry paste