Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I haven't been able to find a lightened up version of this, so I'm posting the one I use. I generally make this once a week. It makes a light meal with some veggies and rice. Weight Watchers lightened this recipe up for a grand total of 4 Points.
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Preheat outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or broiler.
- Thread chicken tenders onto metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers in cold water first to prevent charring).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil until done, about 5-7 minutes, turning frequently.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients for satay sauce.
- Yields 2 skewers and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
This was nice it's my first time making satay sauce and it was very nice much better than shop bought. I made it exactly like your recipe and served it with salad I cooked it on the grill and basted the chicken with sauce while it was cooking and had some sauce on the side. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2011.