Chef #371403's Note:
chicken with peanut butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1Whisk together: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 2Pour over the chicken breasts in a glass bowl. Cover and marinate in the refridgerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3To make the Satay dip: cook the olive oil, sesame oil red onion, garlic, ginger root and red pepper flakes in a small pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent (10 - 15 minutes). Whisk in vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry and lime juice and cook for another minute. Cool and use as dip for chicken skewers.
- 4To cook the chicken: Grill the chicken breast for 10 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- 5Cool slightly and cut chicken diagonally in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 6Skewer chicken strips with wooden skewers and serve with Satay dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers With Satay Dip
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 923.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 31.1 g