Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
chicken with peanut butter
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Skewers With Satay Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Whisk together: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour over the chicken breasts in a glass bowl. Cover and marinate in the refridgerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the Satay dip: cook the olive oil, sesame oil red onion, garlic, ginger root and red pepper flakes in a small pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent (10 - 15 minutes). Whisk in vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry and lime juice and cook for another minute. Cool and use as dip for chicken skewers.
- To cook the chicken: Grill the chicken breast for 10 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Cool slightly and cut chicken diagonally in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Skewer chicken strips with wooden skewers and serve with Satay dip.