1/2 Photos of Grilled Chicken Skewers With Hummus-Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Now that summer has arrived I figured why not start grilling! So I came up this new dish that is quick and easy, but also healthy and delicious at the same time. The hummus-yogurt dip can also be used as a healthy dip for vegetables too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the chicken skewers
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the hummus-yogurt dipping sauce
- 236.59 ml hummus (I used Sabra Luscious Lemon)
- 118.29 ml Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 4.92 ml salt
Simple Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1To make the grilled chicken skewers: Soak 8 (or more if needed) thin wooden skewers in water. Moisten the chicken with olive oil and season to taste. Thread the chicken fillets onto the skewers and grill on a hot stovetop cast-iron skillet, turning around to cook all sides.
- 2For dipping sauce: mix hummus, yogurt and salt together in bowl.
- 3To serve: Arrange the grilled chicken skewers on a platter or over bed of rice, alongside a bowl of the sauce, and lemon wedges on the side (optional).
- 4For the rice pilaf:.
- 5Place the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear; set aside.
- 6Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the rinsed rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels crackle, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, water, and measured salt and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid, and simmer undisturbed until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit covered to steam, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the parsley. Taste and season with additional salt as needed.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers With Hummus-Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1874.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: