Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Now that summer has arrived I figured why not start grilling! So I came up this new dish that is quick and easy, but also healthy and delicious at the same time. The hummus-yogurt dip can also be used as a healthy dip for vegetables too!
For the chicken skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the hummus-yogurt dipping sauce
- 1 cup hummus (I used Sabra Luscious Lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Simple Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- To make the grilled chicken skewers: Soak 8 (or more if needed) thin wooden skewers in water. Moisten the chicken with olive oil and season to taste. Thread the chicken fillets onto the skewers and grill on a hot stovetop cast-iron skillet, turning around to cook all sides.
- For dipping sauce: mix hummus, yogurt and salt together in bowl.
- To serve: Arrange the grilled chicken skewers on a platter or over bed of rice, alongside a bowl of the sauce, and lemon wedges on the side (optional).
- For the rice pilaf:.
- Place the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rinsed rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels crackle, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, water, and measured salt and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid, and simmer undisturbed until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit covered to steam, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the parsley. Taste and season with additional salt as needed.