Nancy's Pantry's Note:
This marinade produces a very tender and delicious chicken. In Peru, this seasoning is traditional for making grilled beef. Serve with rice and grilled corn on the side. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup mild chili pepper, paste (aji panca, if available)
- 1/2 cup vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 15 large mushrooms (whole)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- wooden skewer, soaked in water for 1 hour (15 skewers)
- 1Mash the garlic with a mortar and pestle or garlic press. Add a little water if necessary to make a paste. Make the marinade in a bowl, mixing the crushed garlic, 1/4 cup of the vinegar, 1/4 cup chile pepper paste, 1 tablespoons cumin, 1 tbsp salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper.
- 2Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch by 2 inch cubes. Place chicken pieces in bowl with the marinade and stir well. Marinate the chicken at least one hour or overnight in the refrigerator for best flavor.
- 3Peel the onion and cut into 1 inch wedges. Remove the seeds and the white part of the bell pepper and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place the chicken and vegetable pieces on the wooden skewers, alternating them.
- 4Make a basting mixture of 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup vinegar and a pinch of cumin.
- 5Prepare the grill and grill chicken skewers for 5 minutes on each side. Baste several times during cooking.
- 6Check doneness by cutting into a piece of chicken. If still pink on the inside, continue to grill checking frequently. Do not overcook.
- 7Remove from the grill and serve with rice and grilled corn on the cob.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers (Anticuchos De Pollo)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1801.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.4 g