Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in a Lebanese Cook Book by Hussien Dekmak. Really, really delicious. Nice and easy to prepare. I served them on brown rice with grilled vegetables. They would also go nice with a fresh salad.
- 1 kg chicken, I used tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree, I used tomato paste which worked well
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed, to taste
- 1 tablespoon aioli
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 8 kebab skewers
- Cut the chicken into 2 cm pieces (I sliced the tenderloins in half length ways) and place in a bowl. Add the olive oil, tomato puree, garlic, aioli, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well to coat the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour or over night.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and grill for about 10 minutes on the BBQ or under a preheated grill, turning from time to time until cooked.
These are so simple and amazingly good. I used to chicken breasts that were cut lengthwise and then cut into strips. I only let the chicken marinade for about 45 minutes. The meat was well flavored and very moist. They were served on to of yellow rice for a delicious meal. Made for Aussie Swap.
Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap March 2013 (where a team member has dropped out). These were really good and enjoyed by my family for an Easter barbie lunch. Sorry that I didn't get a photo. Marinated the chicken and assembled just before cooking. The lemon juice made the chicken super tender.