Hey Jude's Note:
I found this while searching for a recipe for a package of chicken sausages that I got on sale one day. This is a very flexible recipe....throw whatever you want on the grill along with the sausages, such as peppers, zucchini, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium pot; cook carrots and onion until just softened, about 5 minutes; add lentils, broth, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste; heat to a simmer, cook, uncovered, until lentils are done, about 20 minutes; remove bay leaf, stir in orange zest; set lentils aside and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, grill, broil or microwave sausages according to package instructions.
- 3If grilling add green onions to grill and cook until limp and dark marks appear, chop and set aside.
- 4Remove sausages to a cutting board; slice.
- 5Place lentils on plates; top with chopped green onions, arrange sliced sausages on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Sausages With Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: