Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 21 mins
So close to Chinese Chicken Salad, this is a keeper and oh soooo yummy!
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Satay Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tortilla, halved, cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F Arrange tortilla strips in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 7 to 11 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Measnwhile, in small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend with wire whisk until smooth and creamy. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag ; add 3 tablespoons of dressing . Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing. In large bowl, combine remaining salad ingredients; toss. Cover, refrigerate.
- Heat grill. When ready to grill, oil grill rack. Place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- Cut chicken into strips. Add chicken and remaining dressing to salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla strips.