Recipe by Charmie777
A nice combination of chicken satay and salad. Perfect for summer! Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by Elisa72
The family REALLY loved this! They're not big salad eaters, especially as a main dish, but they approved of this one. The peanut sauce/dressing is excellent. I'll probably use that in other dishes also. I highly recommend this recipe!
- 1 flour tortilla, cut in half, then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch strips
- 78.07 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- 44.37 ml finely chopped peanuts
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1419.54 ml mixed salad greens
- 236.59 ml finely shredded red cabbage
- 78.07 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Arrange tortilla strips in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make peanut satay dressing.
- Beat vinegar, peanut butter, peanuts, sugar, oils, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in small bowl with whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag; add 3 tablespoons dressing. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Brush grill rack with oil. Grill chicken covered, 10-15 minutes until juice is no longer pink.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Toss remaining salad ingredients in large bowl. Toss with chicken and remaining dressing.
- Divide salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle with tortilla strips.