Recipe by Sue Lau
Toss aside your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, little kids, and see how the big kids like their peanut butter! :)
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks for a simple and effective recipe Sue, which I used for pork fillet rather than chicken. I took about a quater of the sauce, rubbed it into the thinly sliced fillets, then left them stand for about 1 hour before I cooked them. They cooked in about 4 minutes, so no need to baste them. I also used your peanut sauce over gado gado that I made on the night.
- 1⁄2 cup unhomogenized unsweetened peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 scallion, sliced,for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan cook peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cool sauce, and remove and discard garlic from sauce.
- Divide sauce into two parts.
- Cut chicken into 1" strips, threading onto metal skewers.
- If bamboo skewers are used, soak for 20-30 minutes before using.
- Oil grid on grill with non-stick spray before heating.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat, 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with half sauce during cooking and serve with remaining sauce garnished with sliced scallions.