Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
- Mix wine, salt, and cayenne pepper, pour over chicken breasts and marinate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain marinade, and pat dry chicken.
- Grill on outdoor grill or grill pan until done, cut into bite sized slices, keep warm.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. It may be necessary to microwave for a few seconds to get the preserves incorporated.
- Toss spinach with dressing, divide onto 4 plates, top with orange, onion, and avocado, and sliced chicken.
Very good salad! I had 4 chicken breasts in the freezer that I thawed and marinated overnight. Cooked them in my cast iron grill pan than let them cool before cutting into bite size pieces for the salad. The dressing is so good with the salad and I did have to microwave a bit to incorporate the raspberry preserves. Used just a pinch of cayenne pepper and regular oranges since I couldnt find blood aranges. Dont care for avocados so I topped with oranges, red onion, and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts. Thank you for submitting your recipe for RSC #11.
We enjoyed this salad a lot! The wine marinade was simple, yet really flavored the chicken well! I marinated the chicken over-night. I also grilled the chicken on a George Forman grill. The cayenne pepper in the dressing was a perfect touch! Thanks Chef! RSC 11.