What a beautiful salad this is! Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of the plums. A wonderful presentation, it's easy, awesome flavors, a recipe you will love and the family will request again and again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup bottled plum sauce or 1/4 cup plum preserves or 1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 4 medium plums
- 1 cup pea pods, halved crosswise
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn (romaine, red leafed lettuce)
- 1Soak sixteen 5-6-inch long wooden skewers in.
- 2water for 30 minutes.
- 3For the vinaigrette:.
- 4Combine vinegar; plum sauce, preserves, or sweet-and-sour sauce; oil; coriander;; and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for brushing sauce; set aside remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- 5Thread chicken strips accordion-style on skewers. Cut each plum into 8 wedges; thread onto remaining 8 skewers.
- 6Grill skewered chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium high coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, adding the skewered plums during the last 3 minutes and brushing occasionally with the 1/4 cup plum vinaigrette.
- 7Meanwhile, cook pea pods, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. (Or place pea pods and 2 tablespoons water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe casserole. Micro cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender). Drain.
- 8To serve:.
- 9Toss together pea pods and greens in a large bowl. Arrange pea pod mixture; chicken, and plums on 4 dinner plates. Serve with remaining plum vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Salad With Plum Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
mixed salad greens