Recipe by FLUFFSTER
What a beautiful salad this is! Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of the plums. A wonderful presentation, it's easy, awesome flavors, a recipe you will love and the family will request again and again!
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup bottled plum sauce or 1⁄4 cup plum preserves or 1⁄4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 4 medium plums
- 1 cup pea pods, halved crosswise
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn (romaine, red leafed lettuce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak sixteen 5-6-inch long wooden skewers in.
- water for 30 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette:.
- Combine vinegar; plum sauce, preserves, or sweet-and-sour sauce; oil; coriander;; and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for brushing sauce; set aside remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- Thread chicken strips accordion-style on skewers. Cut each plum into 8 wedges; thread onto remaining 8 skewers.
- Grill skewered chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium high coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, adding the skewered plums during the last 3 minutes and brushing occasionally with the 1/4 cup plum vinaigrette.
- Meanwhile, cook pea pods, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. (Or place pea pods and 2 tablespoons water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe casserole. Micro cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender). Drain.
- To serve:.
- Toss together pea pods and greens in a large bowl. Arrange pea pod mixture; chicken, and plums on 4 dinner plates. Serve with remaining plum vinaigrette.