Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Wine Bar Food
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, plumbed in water and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coat the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on grill and cook until cooked through.
- Remove chicken breast from grill and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, thinly slice the breasts.
- Transfer to a mixing bowel and add pesto(see steps below for pesto), raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts.
- Mix well to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve or store covered in fridge for up to a day.
- For the pesto.
- Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Process until pureed.
- Pour into bowel and add the cheese and olive oil, stirring until pesto is smooth and creamy.
- Pesto can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days, bring to room temperature before serving.