Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Jan Roberts-Dominguez, syndicated food columnist.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Salad With Jalapeno Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned grilled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted and skinned hazelnuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4-1 cup chili mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 2 cups chopped mixed salad greens
- 2 roma tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 fresh serrano pepper, stems and seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno pepper, stems and seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the chicken, celery, cherries, apple, hazelnuts, salt and pepper with the prepared chili mayonnaise. Mix well. Serve on top of the mixed greens with the sliced tomatoes on the side and crumbles of the feta on top.
- Chili Mayonnaise: In a blender or food processor, puree peppers with garlic cloves and fresh lemon juice. Scrape mixture into a small bowl, then whisk in 1 cup mayonnaise.