Recipe by CaliforniaGrown
Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 78.07 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- salt and pepper
chorizo stuffed olives
- 16 jumbo california ripe olives
- 1 link spanish chorizo, finely minced
- 59.14 ml flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 16 small fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml coarsely chopped escarole or 473.18 ml curly endive lettuce
- 177.44 ml roasted red pepper, strips
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare vinaigrette, heat a small amount of the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallot and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add juices and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Let cool, then place in a blender.
- With blender running, drizzle in remaining oil slowly to emulsify.
- Chill until ready to use.
- To prepare olives, carefully stuff with chorizo.
- Dip each olive in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Fry in 325°F oil for a few minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and drain.
- To prepare salad, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken cools, season potatoes with salt and cook in hot oil until tender.
- Place equal amounts of potatoes onto 4 serving plates.
- Toss greens with chicken, peppers and enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and place on top of potatoes.
- Garnish each plate with 4 warm olives.