Recipe by Shawn C
Perfect for the summer cookout- fresh cantelope from my mothers garden really does the trick. Great on pita bread or some lettuce
Top Review by Ribqueen
I initially saw this recipe in a Costco cookbook and decided to try it tonight for my book club gang. It was a BIG hit. I used cut cantaloupe and frozen mango pieces from Trader Joe's, so I had to guess a bit on quantities. For a DOUBLE recipe (12 servings), I used 2 cups diced mango, 3 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts (1 lb or about 4 cups of diced chicken), and 2 cups diced cantaloupe. Having worked with the jumbo shells before, I knew to cook more shells than I needed since some inevitably break. I think I boiled 18 shells and generously stuffed 15, and I have enough of the mixture left over for a nice lunch tomorrow. :-) Also - while I might normally "cheat" and use a prepared rotisserie chicken to save time - in this case I sprinkled the chicken breasts generously with Lemon Pepper and grilled them. This dish requires a lot of chopping, but the end result was well worth the time. It would be an especially nice dish in the summer; however, my guests were glad to sample it during an Indiana snowfall - and from a Santa platter to boot!
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled seeded, chopped
- 2 cleaned boneless chicken breasts
- 6 jumbo pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, seeded diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt pepper and seasonings which you like. Grill chicken.T.
- hen cool cut in to small pieces.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Combine diced mango and melon, chicken and rest of ingredients; stuff shells.