Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois's Note:
Another use for that abundance of strawberries. Balsamic vinegar, strawberries and black pepper are a classic Italian trio: spicy and sweet, refined and earthy. Together - and bound with aromatic almond oil - they make a terrific dressing for this salad of chicken and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Strawberry Dressing
- 1 cup strawberry, rinsed, hulled and sliced (6 large berries)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the Salad
- 8 ounces thin asparagus, stem ends snapped off, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, stemmed
- 8 ounces snow peas, stemmed (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon almond oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 strawberries (to garnish)
- 1For the Strawberry Dressing:.
- 2Place strawberries, vinegar, pepper, sugar and salt in a blender or food processor; process until pureed, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. Add oil and process until smooth. (Pretty easy, eh!).
- 3For the Salad:.
- 4Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking vegetables. Make Fresh Strawberry Dressing. Prepare a grill or preheat broiler.
- 5Blanch asparagus, sugar snaps and snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water to refresh, then blot dry with paper towels. Whisk lemon juice, 1 tablespoon almond oil (or canola oil), salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the vegetables and scallions; toss to coat.
- 6Rub chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons canola oil and sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Place the chicken on the grill, close the cover and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. (Alternatively, broil chicken 4 to 6 inches from the heat source for about 6 minutes per side.) Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 7Cut the chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Divide the vegetable mixture among 4 plates. Arrange the chicken slices over the vegetables. Spoon about 3 tablespoons Fresh Strawberry Dressing over each salad. Sprinkle with almonds and garnish each serving with a strawberry. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Salad With a Fresh Strawberry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free lemon pepper