Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Chicken in a Vinaigrette dressing. This is a favorite caribbean recipe. Served at the famous Bahama Breeze for those of you that are familiar with their appetizers. Got the recipe from a relative that is a frequent caribbean host. ;) Enjoy!
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 12 ounces finely shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, washed, dried and torn
- 1⁄2 cup citrus vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked corn kernel
- 4 ounces sliced roasted peppers (red, yellow or poblano)
- 8 ounces salsa (see Tomato Salsa)
- 1⁄4 cup chimichurri sauce (see Chimichurri Sauce)
- 1 ripe avocado, quartered and cut into fan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Chicken: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season Chicken on both sides with Creole seasoning and kosher salt. Grill on each side until done, or until chicken reaches 165 - 170ºF. Remove from grill.
- While chicken is grilling, lay tortillas on baking sheet. With a fork, poke holes in tortillas, ½ inch apart over the whole tortilla. Lightly brush with olive oil and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Evenly sprinkle cheese onto tortillas and continue baking until cheese is completely melted.
- Place 2 tortillas on each of four plates. Toss spring mix with citrus vinaigrette, corn kernels, and peppers and mound one-fourth of mixture on top of each plate of tortillas. Sprinkle tomato salsa over salad mix.
- When done, slice the grilled chicken on a clean cutting board and place on top of salad, drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Top with avocado fan.
- Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate drizzle salad before serving.