Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I love Chicken in a Vinaigrette dressing. This is a favorite caribbean recipe. Served at the famous Bahama Breeze for those of you that are familiar with their appetizers. Got the recipe from a relative that is a frequent caribbean host. ;) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 12 ounces finely shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, washed, dried and torn
- 1/2 cup citrus vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernel
- 4 ounces sliced roasted peppers (red, yellow or poblano)
- 8 ounces salsa (see Tomato Salsa)
- 1/4 cup chimichurri sauce (see Chimichurri Sauce)
- 1 ripe avocado, quartered and cut into fan
- 1Chicken: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Season Chicken on both sides with Creole seasoning and kosher salt. Grill on each side until done, or until chicken reaches 165 - 170ºF. Remove from grill.
- 3While chicken is grilling, lay tortillas on baking sheet. With a fork, poke holes in tortillas, ½ inch apart over the whole tortilla. Lightly brush with olive oil and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Evenly sprinkle cheese onto tortillas and continue baking until cheese is completely melted.
- 4Place 2 tortillas on each of four plates. Toss spring mix with citrus vinaigrette, corn kernels, and peppers and mound one-fourth of mixture on top of each plate of tortillas. Sprinkle tomato salsa over salad mix.
- 5When done, slice the grilled chicken on a clean cutting board and place on top of salad, drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Top with avocado fan.
- 7Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate drizzle salad before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Salad Tostada With Citrus Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.8
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 153.1 mg
- Sodium 1967.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 64.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar