Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This healthy, flavorful, and colorful recipe is from Light and Tasty’s April/May 2005 issue. Grilled chicken, tomato, dried cranberries, walnuts, cheddar cheese, olives, green onions…served over fresh salad greens, this sounds like a truly gourmet meal for two! I haven’t tried it yet, but the unique combination of ingredients sounds great.
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Divide salad greens between two serving plates and top with next six ingredients.
- Slice chicken, arrange over salads, and serve with Italian dressing.
I made this for my husband and I for supper tonight and it was delicious. I used half fat cheddar and also low fat Italian dressing to cut back on the calories some. I sprinkled the chicken with garlic italian seasoning before grilling it in a pan I had sprayed with low fat cooking spray. I used a mixture of dried cranberries and dried cherries. We both really enjoyed this! It was real pretty as well. Thanks so much!