Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an all time favorite meal of mine and it's so easy to make. I have not always had a grill but I've done this on an electric griddle many times and it worked just fine. I've never tried it with the dried herbs because I'm partial to fresh but I'm sure it would be just as good. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Best One-Dish Meals.
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh oregano or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml jalapeno peppers, minced
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1892.72 ml torn salad greens
- 177.44 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- In small saucepan, whisk together oil, chicken stock, lemon juice, half each of the basil and oregano (or all, if using dried), the jalapeno, mustard, salt and pepper; remove 2 tbsp and set aside.
- Place saucepan over low heat to warm vinaigrette.
- Cut onion into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Brush both sides of onion and chicken with reserved vinaigrette.
- Place on greased grill over medium heat; cook for 6- 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Separate onion into rings.
- In salad bowl, toss together chicken, onion, salad greens and warm vinaigrette until coated.
- Sprinkle with feta chees and remaining fresh basil and oregano.
- Serve immediately.
I usually leave the grilling up to my husbasnd but lately I have been trying my hand at it. This salad couldn't be any easier and wow was the chicken tender. The dressing was "right on" going perfectly with the chicken and salad. This is a keeper Chef Jewhurst, and I can't wait to make it again.
I have the book and have made it. One of my favourites. Hopefully others will try it. It is too good not to try. Leanne