Recipe by Cher Jewhurst
This is an all time favorite meal of mine and it's so easy to make. I have not always had a grill but I've done this on an electric griddle many times and it worked just fine. I've never tried it with the dried herbs because I'm partial to fresh but I'm sure it would be just as good. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Best One-Dish Meals.
Top Review by Merlot
I usually leave the grilling up to my husbasnd but lately I have been trying my hand at it. This salad couldn't be any easier and wow was the chicken tender. The dressing was "right on" going perfectly with the chicken and salad. This is a keeper Chef Jewhurst, and I can't wait to make it again.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, whisk together oil, chicken stock, lemon juice, half each of the basil and oregano (or all, if using dried), the jalapeno, mustard, salt and pepper; remove 2 tbsp and set aside.
- Place saucepan over low heat to warm vinaigrette.
- Cut onion into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Brush both sides of onion and chicken with reserved vinaigrette.
- Place on greased grill over medium heat; cook for 6- 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Separate onion into rings.
- In salad bowl, toss together chicken, onion, salad greens and warm vinaigrette until coated.
- Sprinkle with feta chees and remaining fresh basil and oregano.
- Serve immediately.