1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Salad
Cher Jewhurst's Note:
This is an all time favorite meal of mine and it's so easy to make. I have not always had a grill but I've done this on an electric griddle many times and it worked just fine. I've never tried it with the dried herbs because I'm partial to fresh but I'm sure it would be just as good. The recipe comes from Canadian Living's Best One-Dish Meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1In small saucepan, whisk together oil, chicken stock, lemon juice, half each of the basil and oregano (or all, if using dried), the jalapeno, mustard, salt and pepper; remove 2 tbsp and set aside.
- 2Place saucepan over low heat to warm vinaigrette.
- 3Cut onion into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- 4Brush both sides of onion and chicken with reserved vinaigrette.
- 5Place on greased grill over medium heat; cook for 6- 7 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 6Cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 7Separate onion into rings.
- 8In salad bowl, toss together chicken, onion, salad greens and warm vinaigrette until coated.
- 9Sprinkle with feta chees and remaining fresh basil and oregano.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.7
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 673.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.8 g