Recipe by Buster's friend
Adapted from Taste of Thai - "This Thai recipe ( Yum Kai Yaang ) is the perfect way to transform leftover grilled chicken into an exotic salad. The wonderful balance of heat, sweet, salt and citrus is so typically Thai." Rewrite b4 publish.
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 5 tablespoons peanuts (roasted coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced (3-4 pieces)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar, Fish Sauce, brown sugar and Red Curry in a nonreactive skillet. Cook over a medium heat until sugar and Red Curry dissolve.
- Take pan off heat. Add 3 Tbsp of the peanuts and lime juice. Stir well to combine, and set aside.
- Toss chicken, tomato, scallions, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Toss with cooled dressing from pan.
- Lay lettuce on a serving platter. Spoon chicken salad on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Serve any leftover dressing on side.