Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
By Katy. Wonderful summer/spring meal when you don't want to turn on the oven
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (Or any two of the four, Romaine also works, but it's a little bitter)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper (and any color bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄8 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut up, no seasonings (Grilled or sauted)
- And any dressing -- I prefer creamy sweet ones.
- Add any other of your favorite salad ingredients, take out any that you don't like.
- As for how much of what to put in… -- just use your judgment, how many people your feeding.
- To prep for the swap. Cut up lettuce, spinach, onions, peppers, celery and chicken. Add in cranberries. Toss in a large gallon zippy. Send almonds if you like them in a separate zippy incase the receiving family does not like them. Send with 1 can of pineapple, and 1 can oranges, and enough dressing for the salad. Tie up all ingredients in one grocery bag so it all stays together. Label.
- To Serve: dump salad bag into large bowl allong with almonds if you like. Open cans of fruit, drain, and dump in salad. Pour on dressing to taste and toss.
- P.S. Remember to specify in the database that this is an unfrozen meal.
WOW, what a great salad! I didn't make the salad with the amounts listed, so I halved the recipe for the two of us. The only things I didn't use were the red and green leaf lettuces. I used Iceberg and spinach. It was absolutely delish. With the cranberries, I added some golden raisins. My boyfriend likes carrots in his salad, so I added that to his, and we both had ranch dressing. Thanks for the wonderful Friday night dinner! :)
This would be yummy with strawberries too!! Thanks for the recipe!