1/2 Photos of Grilled Chicken Rigatoni With Pesto Alfredo Sauce
This is one of my favorites. Great with a crusty loaf of french bread! Would also be tasty with shrimp or scallops instead of the chicken. You can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your liking. The cooking time is for the rigatoni. I give directions for grilling the chicken with an indoor grill, but you can grill or cook the chicken any way you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (or black)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry julienned sun-dried tomato
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, place back in the pot, and stir in the olive oil (to avoid sticking).
- 2Grill the chicken breasts on an indoor grill, 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- 3Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth and pasty.
- 5Add milk gradually, whisking well after each small addition, then until no clumps can be seen.
- 6Add the sundried tomatoes.
- 7Heat over medium, whisking constantly, until heated and thick (sauce will thicken the more you cook it).
- 8Add the pesto sauce and mix well.
- 9Sprinkle the parmesan in, and whisk.
- 10Add the crushed garlic,chopped tomato, white (or black) pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 11Remove from heat, and add salt to taste.
- 12Pour over rigatoni, mix and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Rigatoni With Pesto Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.8 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: