Recipe by ChipotleChick
This is one of my favorites. Great with a crusty loaf of french bread! Would also be tasty with shrimp or scallops instead of the chicken. You can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your liking. The cooking time is for the rigatoni. I give directions for grilling the chicken with an indoor grill, but you can grill or cook the chicken any way you prefer.
Top Review by rhian82
This was definate repeat for my family of 6:) Absolutely delicious! Used cream instead of milk so the sauce was a bit thick, will def use milk next time, which im sure will be many. Thank you:))
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (or black)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry julienned sun-dried tomato
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, place back in the pot, and stir in the olive oil (to avoid sticking).
- Grill the chicken breasts on an indoor grill, 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth and pasty.
- Add milk gradually, whisking well after each small addition, then until no clumps can be seen.
- Add the sundried tomatoes.
- Heat over medium, whisking constantly, until heated and thick (sauce will thicken the more you cook it).
- Add the pesto sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle the parmesan in, and whisk.
- Add the crushed garlic,chopped tomato, white (or black) pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat, and add salt to taste.
- Pour over rigatoni, mix and serve!