Recipe by What's Cooking from Florida
So tasty and so easy! Authentic Mexican appetizer or snack... also great to make for company because it is so simple! Another favorite with company and fun to make with your kids! For variations you can add jalapeno peppers, use steak instead of chicken, or use anything else you may want to experiment with. You can even substitute the insides with pepperoni, mozzerella cheese, green peppers, onions, mushrooms.... Flatten as above and serve pizza sauce for dipping! Think I might try to make pizza quesadillas for my next appetizer now!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I made these for my FIL and myself using leftover chicken from Recipe #472985. We each had one quesadilla and we were stuffed by the time we finished them. These were very easy and super tasty. Served with a side of sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Made for Spring 2012 PAC
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml oil
- natures seasoning salt
- 453.59 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- 10 large soft tortillas
- Pam cooking spray
- 226.79 g old elpaso mild taco sauce
- 340.19 g fresh guacamole
- 226.79 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat panini grill.
- Sprinkle Chicken breasts with Natures Season and coat with oil. Brown both sides of chicken on panini press of flat grill.
- Slice chicken into small cubes and put in bowl.
- Spray bottom of one flour tortilla and put sprayed side down on large plate.
- Sprinkle generously with shredded mexican cheeses all the way to the edges.
- Top with diced chicken breasts.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Top with cilantro.
- For added kick you can add jalapeno peppers if desired.
- Top with second flour tortilla.
- Spray top of shell with Pam.
- Carefully move whole quesadilla onto heated grill.
- When cheese starts oozing out of sides take off carefully and put into plate.
- Cut into 8 equal triangles with pizza cutter.
- Serve on plate with taco sauce, guacamole, and sour cream.
- Watch them disappear!