Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe seems to appeal to everyone. Salsa or Picante sauce adds lots of flavor. Great for dinner or lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican four cheese blend
- picante sauce
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or zip top freezer bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Remove chicken frommarinade, discard marinade.
- Grill chicken , covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat, 4 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Top 1 side of 6 tortillas evenly with Cilantro-Pecan Pesto, cheese, and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook quesadillas in a lightly grease skillet or griddle over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla into quarters.Serve with desired toppings.
- Cilantro-Pecan Pesto:.
- Process cilantro, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor untila rough paste forms. Add pecans, pine nuts, and cheese, and process until blended, stopping to scrape down sides.With processor running, pour remaining oil through chute in a slow steady stream, process until smooth. Cover and chill upto 5 days or freeze up to 1 month. 3/4 cup.