Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
You might love this so much, you will give up red sauce completely! I will be using mushrooms to replace the chicken to make this vegetarian.Adapted from grilling.com and found posted on Jenn's Food Journey
- 1 mama mia's thin pizza crust (or any store bought or homemade crust or dough)
- 1 large chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
For the Alabama White Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce until well combined; set aside.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the pizza crust. Place the crust top side down on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes. The crust should just start to brown. Carefully remove from grill and flip over.
- Spread the sauce on the cooked side of the crust and top with chicken, tomatoes and then cheese.
- Place back on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes. Move pizza to indirect heat and finish grilling another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is nice and bubbly. Carefully remove from grill and allow to cool. Add chopped basil, slice and serve. Enjoy!
We made this last night on the BBQ, It was a HIT!! I had to fight to take a picture before they eat them all. (I made 5 of them)
Loved this pizza. Used fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden and was sooo good. Loved the spiciness of the sauce.
The best pizza recipe I have found to date! Wonderful combination of flavors and easy to make! S.O. can't get enough of it.