Recipe by Hey Jude
This easy, yummy dish was a recipe I found in the Weber cookbook that came with my grill.
Top Review by love4culinary
This made for a WONDERFUL lunch! Thank you for sharing! I didnt have mrs. dash, so I used a combination of the following herbs/spices: dried parsley, pepper, celery salt, basil, marjoram, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, mustard powder, onion powder, and garlic powder...and I love this spice mix! lol. The chicken is absolutely delicious. Unfortunately I wasnt able to get to the store to buy the red pepper flakes..as I ran out, so I used a bit of cayenne in its place... :-) WONDERFUL! Thanks for the recipe!!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herb seasoning mix, like mrs. dash
- 3 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups leaf lettuce, washed and dried,shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush chicken breasts with lime juice, sprinkle with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Rub into surface and let sit 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on grill over medium coals.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- While chicken is grilling, mix together mayonnaise and dried herbs.
- Remove chicken breasts from grill and thinly slice.
- Slit pitas and spread mayonnaise mixture on the inside.
- Fill each half with equal amounts of lettuce, tomato and sliced chicken.