Recipe by sugarcookie 123
This is a combination of great tastes that go a long way. Everyone that I have had try them, go nut for them. Perfect for a picnic or what ever you like. Also, they are amazing reheated for lunch the next day!
Top Review by PaulaG
This is an excellent recipe and serves 6 very nicely. I used recipe #87948 in place of he purchased marinade. The chicken was the only thing that went into the marinade. I did use additional marinade to baste the skewers while cooking. Fresh pineapple is definitely a must. This was served with saffron rice and grilled peppers/onions on the side. Made for *PAC Fall 2009*
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 cups Lawry teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice
- whole fresh pineapple (sliced in to 2 inch pieces)
- 16 ounces baby portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut your chicken in to 2 inch chunks & put to the side.
- Slice your cored fresh pineapple into 2 inch slices& put to the side.
- Wipe off the mushrooms to clean them, (recommend not to wash them in water.).
- In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients including the marinade, and mix together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
- Run bamboo skewers through water just a little bit to get them wet so they do not burn.
- Place the chicken, pineapple, and mushrooms on the skewers in any order you want.
- You will grill them at about 400 or so degrees (constantly turning over), when the chicken reaches 170 degrees inside, they are done!
- Serves well next to a good macaroni salad!