Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious for a weeknight dinner. Melted Monterey Jack cheese and sweet summer peppers give this recipe an extra kick.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Combine chicken breast and salad dressing in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, preferably up to an hour.
- Preheat grill.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Turn off the grill flame.
- Top each breast with onions and peppers and one slice of cheese.
- Cover for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was super yummy! I added mushrooms and instead of a full tsp of salt, i dashed in some soy sauce and worcheshire (sp) sauce. Also the nutrition info is off because it counts the entire cup of dressing when only 2 TBS stuck. I measured the amount of marinade left after I put the chicken on the grill. The real info is: 290 calories, 15g fat, 858 sodium, 10 carb, 30 protein.
This was slammin! My family loved it. I added mushrooms and a bunch of minced garlic to the pepper and onion mix. I'll be making this again! Thanks, pittgal! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Good recipe! Easy to prepare for dinner during the work week. This recipe would also be good made as sandwiches on Kaiser rolls. Next time I may add some teriyaki sauce, soy sauce or balsamic vinegar to the peppers while they saute. Thank you for the recipe. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.