Recipe by pittgal
Easy and delicious for a weeknight dinner. Melted Monterey Jack cheese and sweet summer peppers give this recipe an extra kick.
Top Review by sun33082
This was super yummy! I added mushrooms and instead of a full tsp of salt, i dashed in some soy sauce and worcheshire (sp) sauce. Also the nutrition info is off because it counts the entire cup of dressing when only 2 TBS stuck. I measured the amount of marinade left after I put the chicken on the grill. The real info is: 290 calories, 15g fat, 858 sodium, 10 carb, 30 protein.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken breast and salad dressing in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, preferably up to an hour.
- Preheat grill.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Turn off the grill flame.
- Top each breast with onions and peppers and one slice of cheese.
- Cover for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.