I had Chicken Monterey at Salsa Brave in Colorado Springs and I couldn't wait to get home to recreate it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package mesquite marinade (if you like it real spicy use chipotle marinade)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (optional)
- cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix marinade water and oil in large baggie.
- Add chicken and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Grill chicken and red pepper until done. (you want a little crunch to your pepper).
- Meanwhile mix sour cream chipotle pepper and cilantro in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until hot, season with salt and pepper.
- Top grilled chicken with peppers then cheese.
- Return to grill until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocados and cream sauce.