Recipe by Tresa H.
I had Chicken Monterey at Salsa Brave in Colorado Springs and I couldn't wait to get home to recreate it!
Top Review by Siren Chef
This was not only delicious, but the presentation is beautiful. I'm filing this one away for dinner guests because it looks so impressive (but is so easy)! Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package mesquite marinade (if you like it real spicy use chipotle marinade)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (optional)
- cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade water and oil in large baggie.
- Add chicken and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Grill chicken and red pepper until done. (you want a little crunch to your pepper).
- Meanwhile mix sour cream chipotle pepper and cilantro in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until hot, season with salt and pepper.
- Top grilled chicken with peppers then cheese.
- Return to grill until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocados and cream sauce.