Recipe by Ann Cecile
In the Pampered Chef catalog - Spring/Summer 2009 - I am a PC junky! I have two friends who are consultants and I love PC stuff. I can't wait to make this - as soon as my busy schedule will allow!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups penne, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups basil leaves, lightly packed, divided
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup packed)
- 2 cups chicken breasts, grilled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray deep microwaveable baker with olive oil. Slice garlic into baker. Add tomatoes. Cover; microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring after 2 minutes. Crush tomatoes with a spoon or spatula. Add pasta, broth,wine, salt and black pepper.
- Return baker to microwave; cover and microwave on high 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop basil. Reserve 2 tbsp for garnish. Grate cheese.
- Garefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Add remaining basil, cheese and chicken to baker; mix well. Garnish with reserved 2 tbsp basil, additional Parmesan cheese and black pepper if desired.