Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I was inspired by the chain pizza places that have BBQ chicken pizza, so I thought I would try that in a pasta dish. You could use the prepared southwest seasoned chicken strips to save time. I hope you like this. This is my first submission.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 medium red onion
- 0.5 (13 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Marinate chicken for 1 hour: Combine water and lime juice. Sprinkle chicken breast with steak seasoning, salt, and paprika. Lay chicken pieces in water and lime juice mixture, turn to coast, let marinate for 1 hour or more.
- Grill Chicken until juice runs clear. Cool and cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare Good Seasons dressing and add tomato paste and BBQ sauce. Mix well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse.
- Combine all ingredients, except for cheese. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Add grated cheddar cheese before serving.
You definitely have a great tasting salad here! I had to cut it in half to feed just 4 of us (not wanting much in the left-over department, & there wasn't!), but other than that, your recipe was followed right on down & all 4 of us were so happily satisfied! Absolutely enjoyed the combo of flavors in this pasta salad, & will be keeping the recipe around to make again in the future! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]