1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad With Artichoke Hearts
Use canned artichoke hearts but make sure to rinse them thoroughly. I've also used this recipe with turkey sausage or pepperoni instead of the grilled chicken and both make fun substitutions. This travels well! If you want to cut down on oil, try subbing half chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb fusilli
- 1 1/4 cups artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and cut into 6 wedges each (1 14 ounce can)
- 3 scallions, including green tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (and more to taste)
- 1Light the grill or heat the broiler. Coat the chicken with 1 tbsp of the oil and season with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2Grill or broil until just done, 4-5 minutes per side. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until just done. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain thoroughly.
- 4In a large bowl, toss the pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil. Make sure to coat all the pasta thoroughly, so it won't stick together.
- 5Add the chicken, artichoke hearts, scallions, parsley, remaining 5 tbsp oil, the vinegar, remaining 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and the Parmesan to pasta and toss well.
- 6Serve with additional parmesan and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad With Artichoke Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 1021.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 40.5 g