Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a modified Rachael Ray recipe and it's pretty easy to make.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (I use whole wheat penne)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 large onions (sliced 1in thick)
- 6 chicken breasts (thin cut cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (or Pecorino Romano)
- 2 arugula (washed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 small radicchio (a small head cored and coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups fresh basil (about 20 leaves, coarsely chopped)
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball (I use a fresh ball cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (left whole if small, cut in halves or quarters if larger)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat a gill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, grill seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tablespoons of th vinegar and mix.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil and divide the mixture into 2 bowls.
- Add the sliced onion to one and the chicken to the other. Toss to coat both thoroughly and marinate for a few minutes.
- In a salad bowl, combine mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar with a little salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the remaining olive oil and then add the grated cheese.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the salad bowl and toss to coat.
- Grill the onion slices until well marked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove both onion and chicken from grill to cutting board and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Coarsely chop the onions and cut the chicken into slices.
- Add them to the pasta.
- Add the arugula, radicchio, basil, parsley, celery, mozzarella and tomato; toss thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- ** We aren't big fans of arugula and radicchio, so we use romaine and iceberg lettuce. we've also kept the chicken, pasta and onion separate from the salad and had as 2 dishes - Ijust make a little extra dressing.