Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a lot, so we use it for buffets. Great flavor!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, grated
- 5 -6 ounces chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 lb penne, pasta-cooked and drained
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tear spinach into bite-size pieces. Toast pine nuts at 350 for 5 minutes-be careful not to burn.
- Combine all ingredients and toss.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Shake well to combine.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.
This came out way too oily and very bland for me. Next time I will reduce the oil by half and use a few tablespoons of lemon juice and some salt and pepper in the dressing for flavor.