My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (Muir Glen)
- 20 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Cook 3-4 minutes on each side and transfer to a foil-covered plate to hold.
- 4Place a pan on the stove over med-high heat; add in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5Add in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion; stir/saute 10 minutes.
- 6Add in tomatoes; heat through 2 minutes.
- 7Wilt in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- 8Preheat the broiler to high.
- 9Layer the chicken with the tomato sauce in a casserole dish; top with Parmigiano and mozzarella.
- 10Brown the chicken-parmesan under the broiler for 3 minutes.
- 11Place the salad greens in a bowl; dress with the vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve the chicken parm alongside a little salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.7
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.3 mg
- Sodium 1100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 65.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens