Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) canfire-roasted diced tomatoes (Muir Glen)
- 20 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side and transfer to a foil-covered plate to hold.
- Place a pan on the stove over med-high heat; add in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion; stir/saute 10 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes; heat through 2 minutes.
- Wilt in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Layer the chicken with the tomato sauce in a casserole dish; top with Parmigiano and mozzarella.
- Brown the chicken-parmesan under the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Place the salad greens in a bowl; dress with the vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken parm alongside a little salad.