Recipe by Rita~
Use the rest of the sauce for dipping the chicken pieces into at the table. Can also serve with fluffy white rice seasoned with cummin seed toasted in butter or ghee.
Top Review by sugarpea
Wished I had made rice to accompany this because the BBQ sauce was excellent and would have been great on the rice. The vegetable medley is wonderfully colorful. Next time I would bake the chips rather than fry them to save calories and to avoid the stress of trying to get the chips done and crisp but not burnt.
- 1 lb chicken
Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1⁄4 cup butternut squash, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 inch ginger, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Barbecue sauce for chicken
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- butternut squash, peeled seeded,and sliced very,very thinly on a mandoline or with a vegetable peeler
- peanut oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a hot pan with olive oil in it stir fry the julienned vegetables, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger till crisp.
- Put all barbecue ingredients into pot and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Puree till smooth.
- Wash, Dry, and salt and pepper chicken.
- Brush lightly with some barbecue sauce and place on grill cooking for 20 minutes.
- Turning and brushing with sauce all the while.
- Heat peanut oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry batches at a time about 3 minutes till crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On a platter place vegetables, top with chicken breast, and pile on the Chips.