Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from Giada's Everyday Italian. She also recommends grilling shrimp and bell peppers with this, but I'm not a fan of either of those and wanted to post this as I have it. She also suggests serving over saffron - I serve with salad instead. I cooked mine on my George Foreman grill and I can honestly say it is one of the best chicken recipes I've ever tried. Full recipe is on foodnetwork.com - Enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, from about 3 lemons
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, wiped clean
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for muahrooms.
- In a large bowl, combine rest of marinade with the chicken breasts. Toss to combine. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour. If marinating for longer than 1 hour, make sure to refrigerate.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Toss the mushrooms with 1/4 cup of the reserved unused marinade.
- Grill the chicken breasts to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 7 minutes a side.
- Grill the mushrooms, about 2 minutes a side. Slice the mushrooms before serving, if desired.
- Arrange grilled meats and vegetables on a large platter and serve immediately.
Delicious! Thanks for sharing. My family had this tonight and it was a hit.