Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from 4 Ingredients or Less Campbell's Cookbook and it is a quick, easy and tasty sandwich. I have modified the recipe from the original.
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 loaf frozen mozzarella garlic bread
- Pour dressing in a bag. Place breasts in bag and shake to coat. Put in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 and heat grill to medium-hot.
- Remove the bread from the bag and split in half. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until hot.
- Remove chicken from dressing and grill for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked though. Turn chicken and baste with dressing during cooking cycle.
- Place chicken on baked garlic bread and enjoy.
- Can add other sandwich condiments if desired.
Used chicken tenderloins as this is what I had on hand and I also cooked the chicken on the stovetop as I was being very lazy. ;-) If you really want the Italian dressing flavor to stand out, you may want to coat the chicken after cooking it as well. I am wondering why I have not thought of this before! Very yummy and filling for a small meal or lunch. Made for ZWT5 Australia / New Zealand region.
This was soo easy. I had leftover chicken breasts that we had marinated in italian dressing so I just had to warm them up and heat up the bread. This was a very easy lunch served with the sauteed zucchini. Made for ZWT5 for the Cooks with Dirty Faces.
Great simple and quick sandwich, especially loved that you grilled the chicken!!! I couldn't find the Peppridge Farm bread with the mozzarella at two different stores, so used Cole's plain garlic bread and then added my own mozzarella. Next time I think I would make my own garlic bread and add some more seasoning with increased flavor. I did add some mayonnaise and lettuce to the sandwich. Thanks for sharing a great new sandwich!!! Made for zaar stars tag.