Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appetit. Sounds good for summer! Marinating time 6 hours
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, with skin and ribs, cut crosswise in half
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Whisk first 8 in large glass baking dish. Add all chicken; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place marinade-coated chicken on barbecue. Grill chicken until just cooked through, occasionally brushing with any remaining marinade, about 10 minutes per side for breasts and about 12 minutes per side for leg and thigh pieces. Transfer chicken to platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
What a delicious marinade for chicken! I used boneless skinless breasts with excellent results. The chicken was so flavorful and moist and tender. I forgot the sprinkle of parsley at the end but I love parsley so will definitely add it next time. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
Very flavorful, family enjoyed the flavors of this chicken. Made as written. Thank you. Made for ZWT9.
I made this replacing the wine vinegar with lemon juice and it was terrific. Put it on to marinate in the morning and enjoyed a very well flavored chicken for dinner. It really couldn't get much easier, just mix, soak and grill. Really delicious, moist and tender. Made for ZWT 9