Recipe by yooper
A Moroccan-inspired grilled chicken dish! Prep time includes 8 hours marinating time.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Mark, this was a lovely change of pace for us. I thought I had just about 'chickened' myself out, but no...! This is a real winner. I loved the aroma of the toasting seeds. It made the kitchen smell wonderful. The cinnamon was just the right amout. I marinated it in a large Ziploc bag, and just kept turning the bag over to make sure it was all covered. Served with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad. What a wonderful meal. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 22.18 ml white peppercorns
- 9.85 ml cumin seeds
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 12 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 29.58 ml lemon zest, grated
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 2 (2721.55 g) chicken, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, toast peppercorns, cumin, coriander and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Finely grind in small food processor.
- Add garlic and 2 teaspoons salt; pulse until paste forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, zest, juice, oil and parsley.
- Add chicken quarters; turn to coat.
- Cover, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium hot coals.
- Remove chicken from bowl; scrape off excess marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt.
- Grill, turning 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.