Recipe by yooper
A Moroccan-inspired grilled chicken dish! Prep time includes 8 hours marinating time.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Mark, this was a lovely change of pace for us. I thought I had just about 'chickened' myself out, but no...! This is a real winner. I loved the aroma of the toasting seeds. It made the kitchen smell wonderful. The cinnamon was just the right amout. I marinated it in a large Ziploc bag, and just kept turning the bag over to make sure it was all covered. Served with a tomato, cucumber and onion salad. What a wonderful meal. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 (3 lb) chicken, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, toast peppercorns, cumin, coriander and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Finely grind in small food processor.
- Add garlic and 2 teaspoons salt; pulse until paste forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, zest, juice, oil and parsley.
- Add chicken quarters; turn to coat.
- Cover, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium hot coals.
- Remove chicken from bowl; scrape off excess marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt.
- Grill, turning 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.